This week Maggie Thatcher has her final send off and however you felt about her political views; her positioning made her an inspirational woman to many. So here are five of my favourite quotes from the lady herself that I hope will give you a little inspiration and some valuable lessons to help you achieve your own career goals –
1) "I've got a woman's ability to stick to a job and get on with it when everyone else walks off and leaves it."
Lesson #1 – Be consistent
2) "You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it."
Lesson #2 – Pick yourself up and keep going
3) "What is success? I think it is a mixture of having a flair for the thing that you are doing; knowing that it is not enough, that you have got to have hard work and a certain sense of purpose."
Lesson #3 – Stay focused, work hard and know your strengths and desired outcome
4) "I am extraordinarily patient, provided I get my own way in the end."
Lesson #4 – Be patient yet determined
5) "Being Prime Minister is a lonely job. In a sense, it ought to be: you cannot lead from the crowd. But with Denis there I was never alone. What a man. What a husband. What a friend."
Lesson #5 - Know who can support you in tough times
Baroness Thatcher may have been a politician, but she was also a woman with a passion to achieve a goal, as well as a mother and a wife, and in the end an old lady. My wish is that we focus on the positive and my thoughts are with her family.